Are you looking for a great digital book on fitness for yourself or a friend? Are you wanting to get fit or take your workouts to the next level. Whether it's Paleo, Wods, or even lifting this list has it all? I have read a bunch of them, but have never compiled a list of the top selling ones.
So here is a list of the top 15 fitness books by popularity on Amazon.
1. Taking the top spot is It starts with Food. "It Starts With Food outlines a clear, balanced, sustainable plan to change the way you eat forever--and transform your life in profound and unexpected ways. Your success story begins with the Whole30, Dallas and Melissa Hartwig's powerful 30-day nutritional reset." Over 1608 reviews and a 5 star rating, listed as a #1 Best Seller on Amazon.
2. Starting Strength - Basic Barbell Training, sits in the number two spot. "Starting Strength has been called the best and most useful of fitness books. The second edition, Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, has sold over 80,000 copies in a competitive global market for fitness education. Along with Practical Programming for Strength Training 2nd Edition, they form a simple, logical, and practical approach to strength training." Over 549 reviews and almost a 5 star rating, listed as a #1 Best Seller on Amazon.
3. Spartan Up - "A Take-No-Prisoners Guide to Overcoming Obstacles and Achieving Peak Performance in Life. "Twenty-six point two miles isn’t enough anymore. Obstacle course racing, which combines the endurance challenges of a marathon with the mind-bending rigors of overcoming obstacles along the way, is taking the world by storm. At the center of this phenomenon is Joe De Sena, the driving force behind the enormously popular Spartan Race. De Sena offers a simple philosophy: commit to a goal, put in the work, and get it done. From that philosophy, as played out first in his own life and now for millions across trails, through mud, and up mountainsides, Spartan Race was born." Over 498 reviews and a 5 star rating Amazon.
4. Bigger Leaner Stronger: "The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body (The Build Muscle, Get Lean, and Stay Healthy Series Book 1). If you want to be muscular, lean, and strong as quickly as possible without steroids, good genetics, or wasting ridiculous amounts of time in the gym and money on supplements...then you want to read this book." Over 1249 reviews and almost 5 star rating on Amazon.
5. Practical Paleo:A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle. "Our great-grandmothers didn't need nutrition lessons—then again, they weren't forced to wade through aisle after aisle of packaged foods touting outlandish health claims and confusing marketing jargon. Over the last few decades, we've forgotten what "real food" is—and we're left desperately seeking foods that will truly nourish our bodies. We're disillusioned with the "conventional wisdom" for good reason—it's gotten us nowhere." Over 1724 reviews and almost a 5 star rating on Amazon.
6. Well Fed: Paleo Recipes for People Who Love to Eat. "Preparing quality food is among the most caring things we can do for ourselves and the people we love. That's why Well Fed: Paleo Recipes For People Who Love To Eat is packed with recipes for food that you can eat every day, along with easy tips to make sure it takes as little time as possible to get healthy, delicious food into your well-deserving mouth." Over 1100 reviews and almost a 5 star rating on Amazon.
7. The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet. "Do you want to lose fat and stay young, all while avoiding cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and a host of other illnesses? The Paleo Solution incorporates the latest, cutting edge research from genetics, biochemistry and anthropology to help you look, feel and perform your best. Written by Robb Wolf, a research biochemist who traded in his lab coat and pocket protector for a whistle and a stopwatch to become one of the most sought after strength and conditioning coaches in the world. With Robb's unique perspective as both scientist and coach you will learn how simple nutrition, exercise and lifestyle changes can radically change your appearance and health for the better." Over 1014 reviews and almost a 5 star rating on Amazon.
8. OMG. That's Paleo? "Features 30 new recipes never seen before on author Juli Bauer's blog, paleomg.com, as well as a selection of her best blog recipes. Sections include poultry, beef, pork, fish/seafood, slow cooker, sweet and savory breakfasts, baked goods, 5-ingredient meals, side dishes, snacks and desserts; and each recipe features a color photo. Juli also writes about the paleo diet in general and why it works for her, suggestions for keeping a kitchen well stocked, and recommended resources for further reading. And just like her blog, you can expect plenty of funny stories and awkward moments." Over 237 reviews and almost a 5 star rating on Amazon.
9. First: What It Takes to Win. "Reigning CrossFit World Champion Rich Froning is “The Fittest Man on Earth.” He’s fast. He’s strong. And he’s incredibly disciplined. But it takes more than physical strength to compete and win at an elite level. It takes incredible mental and spiritual toughness as well. And it is the precise balance of all three that makes Rich Froning a champion. In First, readers come alongside Rich as he trains for and competes in back-to-back-to-back CrossFit World Championships. Along the way, Rich shares invaluable training tips, motivational techniques, and spiritual insights that, in keeping with the CrossFit philosophy, will prepare you to respond to any real-life physical, mental and spiritual challenge."
Over 176 reviews and almost a 5 star rating on Amazon.
10. 5/3/1: The Simplest and Most Effective Training System for Raw Strength. "The success of the 5/3/1 Method has been nothing short of extraordinary. For the 3 years, the response towards this simple but brutally effective training system has been overwhelming. This is because it works. And works for just about anyone willing to put in the discipline and work that getting stronger requires
Elite level lifters to absolute beginners have all used the 5/3/1 Method; the basic tenets of strength training have and will never change. Big exercises, constant progress, and personal records will never go out of style." Over 227 reviews and almost a 5 star rating on Amazon.
11. 8 Weeks to SEALFIT: "A Navy SEAL's Guide to Unconventional Training for Physical and Mental Toughness. "SEALFIT was developed by retired Navy SEAL Commander Mark Divine for the unique and specialized needs of professionals seeking to reach their fullest potential. Mark Divine’s straightforward 8 WEEKS to SEALFIT program will give in-depth philosophy and training on how to develop the character traits that go into making a Navy SEAL: discipline, drive, determination, self-mastery, honor, integrity, courage and leadership. 8 WEEKS to SEALFIT features the ground-breaking training regimens that improve the SEALFIT athlete’s overall endurance, increase his or her work capacity, provide the knowledge to functionally train without equipment and the ability to thrive in a teamwork setting." Over 73 reviews and a 5 star rating on Amazon.
12. Learning to Breathe Fire: "The Rise of CrossFit and the Primal Future of Fitness. "One of the most illuminating books ever on a sports subculture, Learning to Breathe Fire combines vivid sports writing with a thoughtful meditation on what it means to be human. In the book, veteran journalist J.C. Herz explains the science of maximum effort, why the modern gym fails an obese society, and the psychic rewards of ending up on the floor feeling as though you're about to die." Over 80 reviews and a almost a 5 star rating on Amazon.
13. Beyond 5/3/1: Simple Training for Extraordinary Results." This is a new chapter in training. Beyond 5/3/1 has all the tools you need to push the boundaries of strength, intensity, frequency and the quest for a new personal record. Beyond 5/3/1 will allow you to expand your training program to fit your goals and training style. This book has new templates and variations for every lifter that is looking for an edge. This book pushes the 5/3/1 program in every direction with one goal - to get stronger. Over 105 reviews and a almost a 5 star rating on Amazon.
14. Power Speed ENDURANCE: "A Skill-Based Approach to Endurance Training."Power, Speed, ENDURANCE" is a highly effective training system that has catapulted thousands of endurance athletes to the next level. Developed by CrossFit Endurance founder Brian MacKenzie and featuring instruction from some of the world's top endurance and CrossFit coaches, "Power, Speed, ENDURANCE" unveils techniques, drills, and training strategies that will optimize your performance and overall work capacity while decreasing your susceptibility to injury." Over 166 reviews and a
almost a 5 star rating on Amazon.
15. Unbeatable Mind: "Forge Resiliency and Mental Toughness to Succeed at an Elite Level."The second edition of Unbeatable Mind has over 100 pages of new content, including graphical models and a new chapter on integration. It is essentially a new book that follows the same structure and expands upon the insights of the original. Digital formatting errors have been corrected. Mark Divine is also the author of "The Way of the SEAL" and "8 Weeks to SEALFIT" which compliment this work.
Mark Divine is the creator and founder of SEALFIT and The Unbeatable Mind Academy. He began his diverse career on Wall Street as a CPA but quickly left behind the suit to pursue his inner vision to become a Navy SEAL officer. He was 26 when he graduated as honor-man (#1 ranked trainee) of his SEAL BUD/s class number 170. Mark served on active duty with the SEALs for nine years and in the SEAL reserves for eleven – retiring at the rank of Commander in 2011. In addition to Unbeatable Mind, Divine is the author of 8 Weeks to SEALFIT, published by St. Martin’s Press in 2014, Way of the SEAL, published by Reader’s Digest Books in 2014." Over 123 reviews and a almost a 5 star rating on Amazon.
What Digital Fitness books have you found usefull in your fitness quest?
* Disclosure Per FCC You need to know that certain links from this article are to affiliate products for sale. What that means is that if you click on the link and later purchase a product from the site I could get paid. You can read a more in In depth disclosure here if need be. So why would I tell you this? Well first it’s the law, second it’s the right thing to do and third I ain’t got nothing to hide. Since this site don’t pay the bills by itself, I figure providing a link to product you might want could benefits both of us.
Last modified on
See you on the beach.